What are Solar Lights?
Solar Lights are nothing but solar Lamps or solar lantern, which is a lighting system composed of an LED lamp, solar panels, battery, charge controller and inverter. These lights do not operate on electricity instead gets charged through the use of the solar photovoltaic panel.
How does it work?
Solar Lights uses solar energy which is a renewable resource and is abundantly available in India. These lights charge up during the day absorbing energy with the help of solar cells. This energy is then stored in rechargeable batteries. At night time, this stored energy is converted back into the light. This is the best way of lighting outdoors smartly as it not only reduces the electricity bills but is also clean and non-polluting.
What are its benefits and uses?
- Solar Lights do not use electrical power
- Economical and eco-friendly
- Low operating cost, just requires a good weather condition
- They do not require wires and come in a variety of styles and designs
- Simple to install
- Work more efficiently at night when the temperature drops
- These lights are weather-proof, UV-protected and constructed to withstand any weather conditions
- Clean and Green and safe
Types of solar lights in India
There are numerous solar lighting systems or products that are available in the market, few are mentioned as below:
- Solar Streetlights
- LED Lamp with multi step lighting
- Solar Lamps/Lanterns
- Solar Home Lighting Systems
- LED bulbs
- Solar motion sensor security light
Where can we apply these solar lights in our everyday use?
Solar lights are very much into picture as they are sort of mini-satellites in their appearance. These lights act just as the satellites that store solar energy during sunny days and then uses that energy during the night time. Photovoltaic solar panels generate environmentally clean, safe electricity in the form of Direct Current electricity similar to that released by batteries, hence have similar battery storage and capacity. The best examples of solar energy utilization are the solar-powered street lights installed in most of the corporate companies, playing fields, and outdoor of any society.